What constitutes a sea park?
A sea park is any place where cetaceans (whales and dolphins) as well as other marine mammals are held to perform for human entertainment.
Why shouldn’t I go to them?
- Animals are separated from their offspring at birth causing severe social and emotional damage
- Animals are captured from the wild which often resorts in a mass slaughter of other related animals
- Animals are held in swimming pools which are too small for comfortable and stimulating movement
- Animals are often kept with members of different social groups which often leads in fight related damage to their skin
- Orca fins go floppy in captivity
- Animal lifespan is reduced
Where can I see marine mammals instead?
- Whale watching tours
- Dolphin cruises