Animal Tourist Parks?
Tourist parks are designed as areas where tourists can pay money to see and or interact with animals. Activities at a tourist park may involve photo opportunities, feeding and touching animals.
Why are these places bad?
- Animals are usually fed only a subsection of their full diets
- Tourists are often encouraged to feed high calorie foods to animals
- Touching animals transfers insect repellent and diseases to animals
- Animals aren’t often encouraged to perform natural behaviours as there are too many humans around
- Camera flashes may damage animal retinas
How can I see animals instead?
- Ethical zoos
- National parks
- Guided tours
- Eco tours